Homework should consist of meaningful and worthwhile tasks or projects designed to extend the learning of the student outside the classroom.
We believe that homework should:
- Form a vital bridge between the Academy and home, between parents/carers and teachers
- Offer students a chance to reflect on and build on class work
- Offer the opportunity to practice new skills
- Enable students to read around their subject
- Enable students to prepare for new work
- Enable students to work at their own pace
- Be designed to extend and challenge the learning of others
- Develop the independent learner
The amount of homework is dependent on the year of your child and the curriculum they are following. If your child has several tasks due in on the same day, suggest they space the work out rather than leave it all until the night before. If your child needs extra help or time, they must see their teacher in good time to arrange this.