Online Learning:

I cannot access my online learning. ClassCharts, Hegarty Maths, Mathswatch etc.

Please visit our website and complete the Report a concern form. We will reissue your login details and links as soon as possible.

Can I submit work that has been collated.

Yes, currently you can email your work to staff. Some staff are using this facility to allow you submit work via ClassCharts. If available, make use of this facility.

What can I do if I don’t understand the work.

You can email the member of staff directly using the Email a member of staff’ tab on the school website to access emails. Remember to use your school email account. You complete the “Report a concern  form and your query will be directed to the appropriate staff.

I do not have online access; will I be provided additional printed materials?

We are currently monitoring completion of online independent study. We will review this process and provided additional printed materials. Currently this is difficult to manage as we have no facilities to print and distribute materials.

Will teachers be marking my work?

Staff will respond to any work you send and will reward Achievement Points on ClassCharts. Work will be acknowledged and rewarded; it will only be marked if it coursework for examined qualifications.

Will online learning continue over the Easter break.

We will be setting less formal and more enjoyable learning activities for each subject area to keep you engaged over the Easter break. Please share your responses with staff via ClassCharts or email.


Can I find out my GCSE and A-Level predictions?

No, the government have not released official guidance. We cannot provide any indication of outcomes or predications. Exams boards will request specific information and then calculate the grades. We currently have no information on this process.

When will results be published?

The GCSE results will be published as normal on the 20th August 2020.

How will my grades be assessed?

Please refer to official Ofqual guidance in regards to the calculation of final grades for qualifications. A summary can be found by clicking THIS LINK

Pastoral Care/Wellbeing:

What do I do if I have a safeguarding concern?

Please use the Report a Concern” link on the academy website

I am having an issue with Free School Meal Vouchers, what do I do?

Contact your child’s Head of Year through email or the mobile (available on request) You can also view the DFE FSM guide HERE 

My child is struggling with issues regarding Mental Health, what can I do?

Students at the Academy are supported by an excellent online resource – They will have access to trained professionals and other people to talk to in similar situations.

Sixth Form

I am unsure about UCAS offers and what to do next

Contact the admissions team at the universities you have applied to, keep checking the UCAS and specific university websites for updates If you are still unsure about what to do email Mrs Lawson, or contact Sarah Hanson our Shaping Futures adviser

What does the ‘Pause on Offers’ mean?

Following the government’s announcement, stating ‘universities in England should stop making unconditional offers or amending existing offers to students for up to two weeks’ the decision has been taken to extend May’s decision and reply deadlines for undergraduate applications.

What are the new reply timescales for my UCAS application?

These dates have been updated in ‘Track’ – these changes are designed to give students and their chosen universities and colleges the extra time they need to fully consider any decisions and offers, and ensures fairness in admissions is maintained. It also gives more time for further information to be shared on the awarding of grades for examinations and assessments which have been cancelled.

A University recently switched my offer from Conditional to Unconditional, is this now in jeopardy?

The university or college that you applied to should be able to confirm details of any existing offer that you have from them, and there will be greater certainty for all applicants once universities and colleges have had time to understand how the process for qualifications will work this year.

It’s really important to remember that you don’t need to accept your offer right now. You will be able to make a more informed choice about all available opportunities once the pause on offer-making has ended and will have plenty of time to make your decision once you know all of the options available to you.

Will I still receive my A level results as planned on Thursday 13th

Yes your results will be published on Thursday 13th August. We will update you via email/letter as soon as we know the arrangements for collection of results. Staff will be available on the day to support you in making decisions about the future.

How can I access my files and work

You can access your work through ClassCharts. Please contact your Head of Year if you require your code. Some staff are emailing work directly to students, and some are using teams. If you are having difficulty accessing the work or your files, please contact the relevant member of staff by email.

Will I still be able to access a university place through clearing?

Yes upon receipt of your results you will be able to access university places through clearing on the UCAS website. Staff will be available to support with this on results day. Individual universities will also start to publish information about clearing vacancies in the coming weeks.

How do I access Careers Advice & Guidance

If you require any support with careers advice or guidance, please contact our Trust Careers Manager directly via email, or the Head of Sixth Form,

I am concerned about my place in Sixth Form for September 2020

Please do not be concerned. We are in the process of contacting all students and will contact all applicants again in June/July to inform them of the arrangements for enrolment into sixth form. If you have a particular query please use the ‘Report a Concern’ tab or email the head of Sixth form directly,

Careers Advice & Guidance:

My son/daughter is in Year 11/13 and I am worried about next steps.

You have two options in this case. You can contact our trust careers adviser directly via email, or complete the Report a concern form and your query will be directed to the appropriate staff.